Monday, August 6, 2007

Welcome...

Welcome to Dr. Sales Pro's new blog. Am I a doctor? Well, no. Is my name really Sales Pro? Well, no. I am, however, a seasoned sales pro with over 25 years of experience selling everything from guitars to logistics services to batteries to software. For the past 20 years or so the majority of my sales has been in high tech world, mainly telecommunication of various types, and mainly in a B to C or B to B environment. I've successfully not only closed, but developed strong and lasting relationships with the largest telco's and telecommunications equipment manufacturers in the world. In this process I've learned ways to access the inner workings of a large company and how to make my way around the labyrinthine org charts these companies have. At the same time I've learned how to quickly close a walk in or call in customer and maximize the revenue there. In the interests of protecting privacy, I won't mention names of companies I've worked for or with, but they are definitely names you'd recognize, no matter what part of the world you're in.

The basic philosophy of this blog is that "Sales is sales is sales". It doesn't matter if your average transaction is a 50 dollar widget that a grandparent might buy to do hobbies with or a 50 million dollar core infrastructure system; the basic principles are the same. Hard object or soft object or service, sales is still sales, and you can take my principles and apply them however you want. So check in often for tips, case studies, ideas, or just to have your own questions answered. If you do have a question or a problem you'd like a solution to, please email me at doctor.sales@gmail.com . Your sales level doesn't matter; I still learn every day and from everyone I work with, sales person or not, and all winning sales people have that same attitude. If you wish to leave me tips, the same email address will work.

So sit back, enjoy, comment, question, and learn with me and lets all get rich!

No comments: